A Dictionary of Dentistry
The Dictionary of Dentistry contains over 4,000 definitions covering the key terms and concepts used in dentistry today. Written clearly...
- ISBN: 9780199533015
- Availability: In Stock
- Author Robert Ireland
- Publisher Oxford University Press
- Binding Paperback
- ADD-Shipping Charges 99
MRP Rs545.00 Our Price Rs480.00
USUALLY DISPATCHED IN 2-3 DAYS
Rs 49 FOR BOOK VALUE BELOW RS 400
Rs 99 FOR BOOK VALUE Rs 400 & ABOVE
WE ACCEPT PAYMENT BY
The Dictionary of Dentistry contains over 4,000 definitions covering the key terms and concepts used in dentistry today. Written clearly and concisely, with more than 100 illustrative line drawings, the volume covers a broad range of topics, including primary care, anatomy and comparative anatomy, physiology, biochemistry, radiography, orthodontics, periodontology, restorative dentistry, dental public health, pediatric dentistry, oral surgery, pharmacology, sedation, implantology, ethics, and oral medicine. The book also discusses drugs, techniques, and instruments of historical interest as well as a number of people who have made important contributions to dentistry. The principal muscles, nerves, arteries, veins, foramina, and sinuses of the head and neck together with illustrations are grouped together as appendices: also included is a further reading list, and a list of common symbols and abbreviations. A key feature of this book is the recommended web links for over 100 entries, which are accessed and kept up to date via the Dictionary of Dentistry companion website. This volume is an essential guide for dentists and dental students, and for all members of the dental team.
- A handy guide for dental practitioners and dental students
- Over 4,000 concise definitions covering all the important terms and concepts used in dentistry today
- Defines terms in a broad range of dental specialist areas, including primary care, radiography, orthodontics, periodontology, and restorative dentistry
- Entries on some drugs, techniques, or instruments of historical interest included, as well as a number of biographies of individuals who have made a very significant contribution to dentistry
- Over 100 illustrative line drawings supplementing many entries, including illustrations of the anatomical structure of the head and neck
- Recommended web links for many entries, accessed and kept up to date via the Dictionary of Dentistry companion website
Robert Ireland is at the Postgraduate Dental Education Unit at The University of Warwick Medical School.
|Publisher||Oxford University Press|