Legal Aspects of Business: Texts, Jurisprudence and Cases
Jurisprudence. As the contract law is the foundation for all business laws, Part II, Commercial Jurisprudence, is dedicated to mercantile...
- ISBN: 9780198077107
- Availability: In Stock
- Author Daniel Albuquerque
- Publisher Oxford University Press
- Binding Paperback
- ADD-Shipping Charges 99
MRP Rs565.00 Our Price Rs499.00
USUALLY DISPATCHED IN 2-3 DAYS
Rs 49 FOR BOOK VALUE BELOW RS 400
Rs 99 FOR BOOK VALUE Rs 400 & ABOVE
WE ACCEPT PAYMENT BY
Jurisprudence. As the contract law is the foundation for all business laws, Part II, Commercial Jurisprudence, is dedicated to mercantile law and discusses the Indian Contract Act, 1872 and its features at length. The Sale of Goods Act, 1930, the Negotiable Instruments Act, 1881, the Indian Partnership Act, 1932, the Companies Act, 1956, and the Competition Act, 2002 are also covered in depth. Part III, Financial Jurisprudence, covers the laws related to finance and banking at length. Part IV, Labour and Industrial Jurisprudence, covers the laws related to wages, workers' social security, and industrial relations. Part V, Aspects of New Economy and Jurisprudence, throws light on laws related to information and communication, intellectual property rights, and environment protection. Part VI, Judicial and Social Jurisprudence, is devoted to business and criminal liability and basic rights and business.
The book also offers valuable insights to practitioners to arrive at legally sound decisions in various business situations.
- Includes Texts that provide direct acquaintance with legal language
- Contains numerous real and abridged Cases to provide crisp and vivid legal experience of court proceedings
- Provides Manager's Takeaways that highlight key learning points to facilitate legally sound decision making
- Includes a variety of practice-oriented exercises, such as Development of Legal Edge and Going Beyond, and chapter end cases
- Provides inspiring role models in the Legal Luminary section
About the Author
Daniel Albuquerque PhD, formerly Professor, Goa Institute of Management, Goa, is currently a visiting professor at various management institutes in India and at the Friedrich Schiller University, Jena, Germany. He obtained his doctorate from the Julius Maximilian University of Wurzburg, Germany. Dr Albuquerque's experience spans across academic, corporate, political, and cultural fields both in India and abroad. He is the founder of the Seat of Wisdom Educational Society, Goa. He has authored several books, including Business Ethics: Principles and Practices (OUP).
|Publisher||Oxford University Press|